Train Parts repair for Korail(Korea Railroad Corporation)
- When the parts of the KTX train braking system wear down The parts were welded and reused, Deformation due to welding occurred and the defect rate was high.
- Worn parts are repaired through 3D printing instead of welding.
- Reduce defect rate by less deformation and small heat effect zone.
- Improving durability of part by better Mechanical properties.
- Improvement of mechanical property by 15 ~ 20% when repairing 3D printing compared to existing welding
- Various range of feeding amount and accurate feeding :
- Tensile Strength : 580N/mm2
- Yield Point : 380N/mm2
- Elongation : 38%
- With 5 axis motion, more complex shapes manufacturable.