Repairing jet engine part and extending life cycle for Korean Air Force
Korean Air Force discarded jet engine part when it came to worn out of parts. InssTek was engaged in extending product life cycle and printed with multi-materials to enhance resistance.
- One of the leading artificial hip and knee joint manufactures would like to optimize supply chain cost of its hip and knee joint coating that were originally supplied from overseas. The company applied Titanium Plasma-Spray coating process, but wanted to re-structure process to enhance delivery time and operational cost reduction.
- InssTek printed with multi-materials
The repaired part has longer life-cycle more than two times and it eventually optimizes supply chain due to delivery time reduction
- The repaired part by DMT® technology enables to extend product life cycle
- Certified from GE Aviation
- Cost and Lead time Optimization:
- Cost : 40K$/EA → 3K$/EA
- Lead Time : 60 days → 20 days